22 October 2018

About monetization

I've been researching lately about the ad-revenue world and the different services. I've learn that not only you need to provide a lot of personal information, which I'm reticent to provide, but that almost all services have bad reputation, or require a paid domain, or other requirements that rejects your application. This sure is a difficult world, and I'm not the right person to enter it yet unless I find something that I find acceptable.

I also tried donation services to provide an alternative link to give me donations, but again the amount of personal details you need to provide is just crazy, and although I understand why they need it, the information is often confusing or misleading (ok, here is my address, will you show it publicly? Yes? No? Please answer me). I still have the donation app I published some months ago, and it wasn't that bad to set up, but if you are looking for alternatives I can not think of other than send me a steam or e-shop keycode for a video game (it's a joke but...not a bad idea. I like puzzle, rhythm and adventure games, just saying).

The worst of all is that, although this research teaches you a lot and I recommend anyone on a similar situation to try, it is keeping me from doing what I like most: programming useful apps and tools.
So from now I'll forget about all this monetization and go back to programming, while researching from time to time, even if I earn nothing from it (at least until I really start needing the money). Perhaps in the future you see ads in this blog or perhaps I find a good way to accept donations, but I'm sure that the next post (I hope posts) will be about apps, and not the blog.

Also, if you want to give me a suggestion, tip or something you think that can help me, my email is at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before they are publicly visible. Any comment consisting of only just: one-word, phone number, single emoji, personal name, and other low-quality or obvious spam will be rejected and deleted.