26 November 2018

More new versions of OIW

This is just a quick update, but a somehow important nonetheless.

Boring stuff: I moved to stable the beta version of the add-on, I don't see any errors and I'm confident this version fixes that particular crash a lot of people were reporting.

Not so boring stuff: I added a new stable version of the main app, without beta (there aren't any code-breaking changes, so nothing can break (now is when everything breaks)). The big change, as you probably noticed, is the change of the app name from 'Open in WhatsApp (click to chat)' to simply 'Click to chat'.
And why? Because WhatsApp suddenly thought that it would be a good idea to start reporting apps with 'WhatsApp' in their name (since the addition of WhatsApp stickers. The story is a bit longer and there are a lot of threads regarding this topic).
As I have nothing to gain (remember: free and no ads) and a lot to lose (the developer account) I don't mind changing the name. I just hope users doesn't get confused with the change...who I am kidding of course you are going to get confused, but I can do nothing (I'm not Jevil). The app is still the same, it just changed its name, and I plan to keep making updates for you to enjoy (and for me to learn).


Changelog "Addon for OIW":

V 1.1
- Fixed crash when force canceled
- Added button for manual cancel


Changelog "Click to Chat":

V 2.0.2
- Removed 'WhatsApp' from title
- Changed share link to new version
- Internal minor changes

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before they are publicly visible. Any comment consisting of only just: one-word, phone number, single emoji, personal name, and other low-quality or obvious spam will be rejected and deleted.