28 September 2018

New stable version of Open in WhatsApp (V 1.14.1)

Hmm, so it seems the beta users are not very active users :( and so I can't rely on them to find bugs or problems (only 522 of 22084 registered beta users installed the new version since it was published two days ago). I know this app is more of a 'used once a month' type of app, but still updates do are important, and beta users are...well...beta users.

But I'm not going to let this discourage me, and so I'll use this to try something I never used before: the 'rollout release' feature of the Play Store.
This means that this new version is published as stable, but each user will receive it after a different amount of time (first only a 5% random users, then...I guess 10%? I need to check how this works, and if it is automatically or must be set manually). This means that, in some way, random users will be like testers and so I'll be able to check if the new version has problems or not before it goes live for all. This way if there is something I need to change, the majority of users won't even notice.

Here we go!



V 1.14.1
- Fixed 'No apps can open intent'
- Removed character invalid for older Android
- Restricted size of buttons
- Updated Russian translation

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before they are publicly visible. Any comment consisting of only just: one-word, phone number, single emoji, personal name, and other low-quality or obvious spam will be rejected and deleted.