28 October 2022

New version of Url checker ⇾ URLCheck (V 2.8)

V 2.8
- Renamed app from 'Url Checker' to 'URLCheck'
- New japanese translation. Thanks to 404potato!
- New Pattern Checker samples and improvements
- New setting to sort apps per-domain
- New setting to close after sharing
- New setting to hide the source app (referrer)
- Allow disabling all modules
- Improved About activity
- Internal tooling improvements


 
The app is nicely improving bit by bit.

This update has a few minor new settings to the open module and pattern checker module, as well as other tweaks to the about and general screens.

The main change however is the name change. From 'Url checker' (which was translated in other locales) to 'URLCheck' (not translated). This should help by creating a 'brand' (if I ever need one), hopefully the new name is similar enough to not cause confusion (at least for english).

2 comments:

  1. OMG!
    Once, shortly after I had discovered this app, I was forced to start over on a new device, and I installed an app called "URL Checker" and was so confused and disappointed that it wasn't at all what I had remembered or expected, and I had to search around a bunch and eventually (happily) found UrlCheck again. Now, I was just looking through the old release notes here on this blog, and I have to wonder if my previous device had originally had a version from before the name change. That would explain my confusion and despair at not being able to find the right app even though I was so sure I had the right name (until of course, I did... albeit with a slightly different name than I had remembered).

    Maybe I'm not crazy after all‼ (...maybe...)

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be reviewed before they are publicly visible. Any comment consisting of only just: one-word, phone number, single emoji, personal name, and other low-quality or obvious spam will be rejected and deleted.