02 February 2021

New version of Click to Chat (V 3.0)

V 3.0
- New openable mode selector: includes the previous alternate mode, the experimental jid mode and a new sms mode
- Updated list of country codes
- Internal tweaks and fixes (including autoopen checkbox not displaying correctly)



Finally! A new version! but keep in mind it will probably stay as beta for a week or so.

Originally it was going to have only the updated list of country codes (lots of missing ones, and also internally they are saved in a slightly improved format now) but I managed to add the selectable opened mode too.

Previously there was a checkbox for an alternate mode, and also an experimental mode that I made to try to allow the Samsung dual messenger. Now you can choose between them in an easier way (careful with the experimental mode), but then I also added a new sms mode, which may or may not work with other social apps (including signal, which is a highly requested petition but I don't think they allow it), you can try it now yourself. This is a pretty big change, so I decided to set the version to 3.0.

Oh, and I also enabled the beta for the donation app too, it is the same as the non-donation, as it is explained in the description, but now you can also help me testing these new versions that way if you want.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I changed the code related to how the apps are discovered, how it works by default haven't changed (the functions are exactly the same, I ensured it), I also just tested the versions you mention and it works on my device.
    In the past I have received similar reports, so it may be triggered by an external change that I have not control over. You can try the common workarounds like reinstalling, or in this newer version try using a different openable mode. If you still want to try please send me an email (link at the bottom) and we'll check.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be reviewed before they are publicly visible. Any comment consisting of only just: one-word, phone number, single emoji, personal name, and other low-quality or obvious spam will be rejected and deleted.